Tuesday, February 27, 2007

2.27.07 - The Weiland Brewery (Arco Plaza)

Seated and served quickly, I ordered the Ahi Sandwich. It tasted good and the wasabi mayo is a nice touch, but the size of the patty (if you can call a hunk of fish that) was off kilter. It was small and round, but fat, so it didn't fully cover the bun. It's a respectable amount of tuna, which I admit is the important part, I just would have prefered it to be cut a little thinner and wider, so that the bun didn't wrap around it when I picked it up. Out of our foursome, 3 of us got the garlic fries with our order. I felt sorry for the guy that wasn't onboard the garlic train. Not only did he miss out a quality side dish, but he had to put up with uber-garlic breath times 3. I think he was holding his breath in the elevator with us! Soda was abundant with large plastic cups and timely refills.

Overall, I'd give my meal a 7.5.

4 comments:

Jonathan said...

the garlic fries are great! although... be sure to carry a few mints with you... you'll need them after

Marco Hartsonian said...

Dude, I completely agree about the size of the portions...totally unacceptable. However, this meal (turkey burger) was much better than the last (grilled cheese). That was awful...it was cold and unmelted. I mean, grilled cheese is the most basically sandwich in the world...how do you mess that up. Fundamentals, boys and girls.

First meal: 4
Second meal: 7
Average: 5.5

Jeremiah said...

Who orders a grilled cheese at a restaurant anyways? Maybe next time, you should try the PB&J!

Christy said...

my turkey melt seemed more like a philly cheese sandwich, a bit saltier than I would have liked, but no complaint about the garlic fries.